Lotus Notes has a long history of being a reliable email and calendaring application. Today, many companies still use this software for their email needs, but if you are switching jobs or want to decommission your old Lotus Notes profile, you have to carefully choose and export the data.
Lotus Notes is a mail and calendar application that comes pre-installed in most Microsoft Windows based computers. It is based on the open source, free, and open source, realtime collaborative software application suite called “Lotus Domino”. Lotus Notes is one of the most widely used email and calendar applications and is used by hundreds of thousands of customers.
This article explains how to export Lotus Notes things to Thunderbird using simple tactics and suggestions, as well as the reasons why users convert Lotus Notes items to Thunderbird.
Desktop-based email applications allow users to access their emails even when they are not connected to the internet in this digital age. To maintain a seamless workflow while working, users must acquire the feature. As a result, people have begun to switch from one email client to the next. Now, let’s have a look at Lotus Notes and Thunderbird.
Lotus Notes: Lotus Notes, commonly known as IBM Notes, is a desktop workflow tool that helps enterprises with instant messaging, email, calendars, contacts management, blogs, personnel directories, browsing, to-do lists, team rooms, scheduled meetings, and forums.
Mozilla Thunderbird: It’s a free, open-source, cross-platform email client that’s simple to set up and customize, and it’s packed with useful features! It enables users to simply save data from EML, MBOX, and other file types.
What’s the Point of Converting Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird?
I explained why Lotus Notes NSF items were migrated to Thunderbird in this section.
- Users using IBM Notes are unable to open NSF files in any other email program.
- Users wish to migrate their data from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird due to high maintenance costs.
- Users cannot access mailbox data without an attached user.id file in IBM Notes.
- Using a complicated email program (Lotus Notes) can slow down your regular routine and limit usefulness.
- It imposes some constraints on the exclusive database, as well as connectivity and safety limits.
- Opting with Thunderbird users gets highly customizable, security & privacy, and many more benefits.
These are some of the most common reasons why consumers want to convert NSF to MBOX. Let’s move on to the procedure of exporting Lotus Notes to Thunderbird now that we’ve established the requirements.
Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Thunderbird the Old-Fashioned Way
In this section, we’ll go over how to manually transfer IBM Notes NSF items into Thunderbird, which requires first saving Lotus Notes data in EML format and then importing the EML file into Thunderbird. To export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird, follow the procedures exactly.
Items from Lotus Notes can be downloaded as EML files.
- On your local system, launch the IBM Lotus Notes email client.
- Select the File tab in the opening wizard.
- Select the Preference option from the drop-down list.
- Select Basic Notes Client Configuration from the Preference wizard and click it.
- Go to the Additional settings section and check the box for Drag and drop saves as EML file.
- After that, press the Ok button to continue with the processes.
- Now open the mailbox folder in Thunderbird and pick the items you wish to export.
- Then, from the File menu, pick Save As from the drop-down menu.
- A new Save As window appears on your screen, where you may give the file a name and save it.
Thunderbird: Import EML File
- Open Thunderbird on your PC and install the ImportExportTools Add-on.
- Complete the installation steps and restart Thunderbird.
- Select New Folder from the drop-down menu after clicking on the Local Folder option.
- Assign a name to the new folder. Right-Click on the created folder and select ImportExportTools option>> Import all messages from a directory>> also from its subdirectories.
- Tap the Ok button after selecting the folder containing the EML file.
- You will be able to successfully export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird after following the procedures above.
Importing NSF Items Manually Has Its Drawbacks
- It is not possible for users to migrate NSF objects in bulk into Thunderbird.
- It will take time, and there is a chance that data will be lost.
- You will not be able to export contacts, calendars, tasks, or other objects into Mozilla Thunderbird if you use the manual solution.
- The manual steps necessitate far too much technical experience or understanding.
There are a few common issues that consumers have while using the manual technique. To avoid this, it is preferable to convert Lotus Notes mailbox items to Thunderbird using the expert-recommended Lotus Notes to Thunderbird Converter.
Export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird in an Automated Way
SysInfo NSF to MBOX Converter is a dependable and well-known tool for converting NSF files (emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals) to MBOX files with 100% data accuracy. The software allows users to properly convert single and many NSF files to MBOX. Additionally. NSF items can also be exported to a variety of file formats and email clients, including MBOX, PST, EML, Gmail, Thunderbird, Office 365, and others.
Working with Software: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The SysInfo NSF to MBOX Converter Tool can be downloaded and installed.
- Run the software as an administrator after completing the installation instructions.
- Select the NSF files using the Select Files/Folder option.
- Examine the directories in the tree and preview the messages and attachments.
- Choose MBOX from the drop-down menu on the left.
- Select the Mail Filter and Naming Convention choices in the Mail Date Filter section.
- Select the capabilities you desire from the Advanced Filtration Option.
- After that, select the destination path by clicking the Select Path option.
- Finally, press the Convert button to begin the Lotus Notes data transfer into Thunderbird.
- You can also get a copy of the conversion report.
Through this article, I hope you will get the complete solution to export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird. However, the expert solution is always recommended due to their built-in features like bulk migration, safety & security, remove duplicate items, exclude document folders, remove encryption, data range conversion, etc. Free manual methods for NSF file recovery